New Lounger
    Thanks

Import/Export WAB Address Book (2000 SR-1)

I am looking for a solution to entirely import addresses from OE

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Import/Export WAB Address Book (2000 SR-1)

You can easily share Outlook contacts with Outlook Express via the Address Book. Click on the address book, then select Tools->Options->Share with Outlook.

New Lounger
    Thanks

New user: Outlook 97 with Address Book 5.50.4807.1700 - currently using OE - trying to get ready to switch to Outlook ....
    >>You can easily share Outlook contacts with Outlook Express via the Address Book. Click on the address book, then select Tools->Options->Share with Outlook<<
    Under Address-Book->Tools I show only "Accounts", "Action", and a grayed out "Syncronize Now"

Is sharing AddressBook between OE and Outlook available to me?

Lounger
    Thanks

Sharing of Address books is only available with Outlook version 98 and after. Outlook 97 does not share this ability. If you wish to use the address book in Outlook Express with Outlook 97, you will need to export it from Outlook Express to a format that can be imported into Outlook 97. Exporting to a comma separated values (.csv) format works very well.

Note: You will be unable to update the other address books via sharing with Outlook 97. Since this is 4 versions back from the current one, you may want to consider updated to a newer version of Outlook that has the ability to share contact information.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Millie. I'm a home user (read: for interest only on a VERY low budget) and was given an old Office/97 CD about 6 months ago by someone who has since updated to at least Office/98 - maybe its Office 2000 by now; and finally got around to installing and attempting to actually learn enough to use it usefully.

Seems like there is enough in just /97 to keep me busy for quite a while! Maybe I can borrow his Office/98 CD when he goes to Office 2000. Being relatively naive about this area - is that bad enough to be a "go DIRECTLY to jail" offense - or is it legal for him to give me his no longer required CD once he's moved to the next upgrade? Is it analagous to (though more useful than) giving away a last year's Farmers Almanac when you've bought this years edition?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

It depends on the versions he has - and will likely end with this version because office 2000 has activation.

if he is buying the upgrades he needs to keep the old versions as part of the upgrade license.

If he gets full versions (including copies included with a new computer) he can give you the old version.

Lounger
    Thanks

It is fine for the person to give you a copy of the software if it was *not* used as a qualifying product for an upgrade. (By the way, Office for PCs comes in 95, 97, 2000 and XP. 98 and 2001 are for the macintosh platform.)

If it was used for the upgrade, it is not legal to separate the products. See the End User's Licensing Agreement (EULA) for details.

Thanks

Outlook 98 was included in one of Microsoft's books on Outlook 98 (on a CD). In used bookstores, these go for about $10.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, but this does not work in CW setup!!

New Lounger
    Thanks

Exporting WAB to csv does not include every field, e.g., not the 'title' field. (Why was this included at all? You do not see it anywhere?)