New Lounger
    Thanks

Cloud Backup System for Dual Site PC

People,

I am looking for a cloud backup solution that can cope with the fact that I have two systems, one is the UK and one in the US, that maintain the same hierarchy. One is the winter place and one is the summer place. The systems do not move. Currently I carry the external backup hard drive from to the other. I want to be able to backup a single copy of the hierarchy from either system. The cost of storage should be free and I need about 200 gig. Crashplan will not work - their data duplication is based on a per system uid.

Can anyone suggest some other plans?

David

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    David,

Gee, you could do that on a couple of big (in GB) flash memory drives or SD cards. Simple enough to carry back and forth. Actually your current mode seems to be just fine, and more secure, unless you're using a large drive with external power supply instead of one that is powered off of the USB port. If I could ask why do you want to change? Forgetful?
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

VBA Rules!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,062 Posts
    Did you say the cost of storage should be free?
    Rui
    -------
    R4

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The current mechanism does work - but it's goal is to synchronise and backup the two sites. As the USB powered HD normally sits next to the PC, connected at all times, it is OK as a backup but not perfect. So I want a cloud backup for site 1 that I can continue to use for site 2 and then return to site 1. I would probably still use the HD to synch the sites as I will still need to sync my outlook PSTs.

And yes the storage should be unlimited but the plan can cost.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,062 Posts
    I don't know of a plan that offers unlimited storage and syncing. For syncing, I would recommend Cubby. Problem is they have tiered storage and it's not very cheap, but the syncing works pretty well. I use it to sync multiple folders between my desktop and laptop.
    Rui
    -------
    R4