New Lounger
    Thanks

Angry Start menu's All Programs drops programs

I've been customizing the Start > All Programs menus by making new folders and moving program shortcuts around via drag & drop (Start > right click Explore All Users, although I realize start menu entries are in other places also). Lately I've been finding that some of these created sub folders are empty; no sub folders that I created and no program shortcuts. I've noticed it most in a Utilities folder. It doesn't help to create new shortcuts from the "Programs" sub folders because most likely in a day or two they'll be gone again. I thought it might be a corrupted user profile but I don't want to go through the agony of creating another user and find that the problem is elsewhere.
    Vista Home Premium, SP 2.

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Are you running any system cleaning tools?
    Do the shortcuts stay available until you re-boot?

Joe