Thanks

Screen capture software

Hi,
    I have a screen capture program that delivers poor quality sound. I use Debut Video Capture. I get crackles/sound blanks etc depending on how I change the limited settings I have at my control. Can anybody suggest why this sort of thing happens and also recommend some better programs?

Thanks
    The key to wisdom is knowing all the right questions.

John A. Simone, Sr.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    FRAPS is the best I've ever run across at video screen capture. Not sure it would work for the tasks you have in mind though, its mainly for gaming which makes it very robust but it may not work correctly in other circumstances. I can capture just about any windowed activity besides gaming but maybe not full screen non-gaming.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to F.U.N. downtown For This Useful Post:

Ibex (2013-05-06)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Have a look at http://www.techsmith.com/. Have been using their software for years, it may suit your needs.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ebenezer678 For This Useful Post:

Ibex (2013-05-09)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Ibex,

I tried several screen capture progs. including camstudio before I got one to capture the sound as well as the video, which is probably due to my ignorance of how to set them up. The prog. I now use is Ashampoo Snap5 (Snap6 now available). I think there might be a trial period. It did take a while to carefully read and understand the instructions of how to set up the sound card but it does the job for me now. I use it to record webinars from a site that allows viewing only, not downloading.

After installation there should be a green line at the top of your monitor. A button bar drops down when you mouse over it and the left-most button is the "Video Capture". The settings for sound capture require a tick in "Capture the microphone as well" and "Stereo Mix" selected in the drop down box in the "Capture a Video" panel. The "Stereo Mix" needs also to be turned on in the sound card settings.

Good luck and cheers

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mikief For This Useful Post:

Ibex (2013-05-09)

Lounger
    Thanks
    I have used Jing by techsmith. It is free, so it is pretty simple and limited. I used mic audio and it worked fine.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    You may find this FREE tool useful (one minute video explanation):

http://www.screenr.com/

NOTE:

This tool requires JAVA. That may be a deal breaker for some in light of ongoing poorly implemented security patches.
    Last edited by vopthis; 2013-05-09 at 14:26.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    We use SM Recorder at home. It's fairly simple and works well for us. Other screen recorders may have more features , but may also be more complicated to use. Configuration/setup only has 3 tabs - general, video, and audio. You can set the audio quality as high as 32-bit/48KHz or, if your computer is not very powerful or you only need clear voice recording you can adjust the audio quality to a lower setting - whatever works ! Video quality is also adjustable.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I've used BB FlashBack Express (http://www.bbsoftware.co.uk/bbflashb...ress/home.aspx) for a few years and it works on most videos. For some strange reason it won't work on Yahoo! videos. Some customization is available, so go through that first to make sure you'll get what you want. Lately, I've been using aTube Catcher (http://atube-catcher.dsnetwb.com/video/). It's not as sophisticated as BB FlashBack Express, but seems to work on a wider variety of videos.