Star Lounger
    Thanks

Grouping, but not summarizing

I have a table of active service requests, each number unique and each assigned to a person. I don't need to summarize anything, but rather I need to GROUP eight columns (from the 33 columns in the master table) by the assignee. For example, PersonA might be assigned 15 SRs. I need a worksheet where, using the master data (on another worksheet), lets me select a PersonA and then list all 15 SRs along with the eight columns in which I'm interested.

Neither grouping nor pivoting seem conducive to this. I think I can properly make a combo box where I can select a person, but don't know how to show/retrieve their respective rows and columns. Once I am able to do this, I then need to add conditional formatting and other logic, but first things first. Any help in steering me in the right direction much appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Reid,

Give Advanced Filtering a look I think it is exactly what you need using the option to copy to another worksheet for the results. Post back if you need help with the specifics. HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I was able to copy to another worksheet, but unable to pick the columns I want copied. I only want eight of the 33 columns, and the eight are not contiguous.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Resolution: After monkeying around more, I finally found I could accomplish this -- for the most part -- with a Pivot Table. One of the key things was to turn off all subtotals and grand totals, plus show in tabular form. Not ideal, but works pretty darn good, and gets refreshed with master data. FYI.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Reid,

To copy only the columns you want you use just those column headers in the Extract (destination) range. HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs