Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I use WDO occasionally and bbearen's description is how I do it, but a wired internet connection seems to be essential - I can't update if the PC is using a wireless adapter.
    The confusion arising from Microsofts web page appears to be because they are talking about the wizard that creates the CD or Flash drive, and updating the definitions at point of creation, in which case, if there isn't an internet connection available then the virus info will rapidly become outdated.
    They could have explained it better, but that's MS!

Thanks
    When the battery gets low you might see flaky results from the BIOS even though you don't see a low battery message. Since you don't see the initial BIOS display and it doesn't respond to F10 as it should, I think its worth a shot replacing the battery. They're cheap. Pulling the battery for 30 seconds or so will also reset the BIOS which might help as well.

Jerry

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwitalka View Post
    When the battery gets low you might see flaky results from the BIOS even though you don't see a low battery message. Since you don't see the initial BIOS display and it doesn't respond to F10 as it should, I think its worth a shot replacing the battery. They're cheap. Pulling the battery for 30 seconds or so will also reset the BIOS which might help as well.

Jerry
    Thanks, Jerry. I'll give that a try!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    You dont get the black "Compaq" start screen? Thats strange.
    I dont know of any way to change the BIOS options after Windows has started. Maybe you need to re-install your OS - Win 7 or Win 8?
    Check out this page: https://www.google.com/search?q=cant...w=1121&bih=436

I dunno which one applies to you.
    good luck.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    If you do not have the manual for your computer, just log in to the manufacturers web site and download it, or E-mail their support and ask how to get to the bios screen.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123