2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Adobe Flash Player and Win7

I have the current version of Win 7 and also have updated Adobe Flash Player 11.7 64 bit version. However it will not work...I then uninstalled it and reinstalled it with the 64 bit verion and it still does not work. I have gone into the Internet Options and the security and internet settings from the custom menu and made sure it is enabled correctly....It still won't work.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated..thank you. JohnL

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Forgot to mention that I have IE 9 on the computer. The error message I get on some sites is that I need IE 8 or greater, I have IE 9

Thanks
    Are you running the 32bit version of IE9 or the 64bit version? Do you have the 32bit version of Flash installed?
    Create a new drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"Let them that don't want it have memories of not gettin' any." "Gratitude is riches and complaint is poverty and the worst I ever had was wonderful." Brother Dave Gardner "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else." Sir Thomas Robert Deware. "The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?" Captain Jack Sparrow.
    Unleash Windows

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm not for sure which version I have of IE 9 32 or 64 bit version....how can I find out which one I have????? thank you, John

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm not sure but if you're using a shortcut to start it you might right click and get the shortcut properties with pathway to it's location. Is it the X86 programs folder or the 64-bit programs folder?

My solution has been Chrome so it hasn't been an issue on XP or Win 7 at all for me for...should'a kept track! Thousands of combined days now anyway.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    John, I'm not sure if your problem is the same as the one I had, but you can give this a try. Download the latest version of flash player, right click the downloaded file and select "properties" from the popup menu. Click the "Unblock" box at the bottom of the popup menu and then click 'apply'. Then when you install the program, use "run as administrator" to install it. This procedure fixed my flash problems.
    Last edited by shadow35; 2013-05-09 at 12:59.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    John,

Left clickon the "Tools" icon in IE9 and choose About.

If it says 64bit, that's the version. if it does not say 64bit you are in 32bt mode.

If you are using both versions, as I have to since there are several apps I've run into that need 32bit, you'll have to install both versions of Flash.