New Lounger
    Thanks

Exclamation Search in Outlook for a specific zipped file

I am trying to find a way to Search within outlook for a zip file that contains a specific .swf file.
    I have done all the search and quick search perameters , ext:swf OR (ext:wsf attachment:zip) including using filext and various other options.
    I have tried a few search tools but no luck.
    Anyone have any suggestions?
    the systems are Win xp and win 7 with either outlook 2007 or 2010
    I have tried these with win 8 and office 2013 and the search is more reliable.
    Thanks in advance

Administrator
    Thanks
    Have you checked the search configuration to ensure that zip files are indexed and that the content is indexed?

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    This will be of no help for your current problem - but - I generally recommend against using Outlook, or any email client, to store files. It's not what they were designed to do, and so you find issues like yours and others.

In addition, there are usually limits to the total size of storage available in email clients. Exceed the limits and you could use everything.

I suggest promptly removing all attachments and filing them in approriate folders. There they can be indexed by whatever searchers you use. I use the free version of Copernic to search for "words within files" - terrific.

I don't know of any searcher that can look inside a zip. Sorry.