New Lounger
    Thanks

Unhappy win 7 OS smaller than SSD capacity

I have recently migrated win 7 to a SSD. The migrate software put 2 partitions on the drive. The first an apparently empty partition, the second a partition just as big as the reduced C drive that I trimmed to make it small enough to fit the ssd. when I go to disk managment and try to expand the operating partition I get a warning that this will convert the disk to a dynamic partition and that the OS will not load. How do I get the full size of the SSD's capacity? Any help appreciated.
    RR

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Try a reputable 3rd party partitioning tool first, if that indicates the same outcome I would redo the migration without sector by sector clone so it expands to fill the SSD in the process of cloning. I use EaseUS ToDo free edition but others work as well.

Thanks
    MS Disk management would be a natural first place to go, but now that you have determined it's not effective, you'll need to look at
    3rd party partition managers.

I'm currently using EASEUS Partition Master 6.5.2 Home Edition
    Here's a vid showcasing it.

Just a word of warning; Ensure those partitions you are wanting to remove are truly empty and do not contain any bootfiles.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    RR,
    When Win7 installs, is creates a small (on the machine I am writing this on) 531mb "system" partition that is hidden.
    BTW, I too use EaseUS Partition Master Home Edition . . .