New Lounger
    Thanks

Sharing a spreadsheet with phones or iPad

Once a year I manage 40 audio systems for a national competition. Each year I get a group of college students assigned to me to setup, move, and teardown the equipment. I would like to find a software/system that would allow me as a manager to update a program such as a speadsheet or a task list and have it update devices, usually phones of people I make "team leaders". This competition is only a week long and I do not want a complex program or setup that the students have to download just for this event. Is there a way to synch information between my iPad or PC to an iPhone and/or Android device with either what is available on these devices or a small app that would do the trick?

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    I don't think you will get something that works on all possible devices - iPhone, 'droid, Symbian. Better off to send them text messages with the current schedule / tasks and ask them to confirm the same way. This is guaranteed to work for everyone, but means a little more work for you. You can use a web site to send the texts rather than typing on your phone, then you can cut / paste.

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    You could set up a cloud drive, and then everyone in your group can be set up for access to the drive.

You then save the spreadsheet on the cloud drive, and everyone can then see it on whichever device he has.

You'll need an Excel viewer. Check out the following link for some simple ideas for accomplishing this:
    http://techawakening.org/open-word-e...ad-iphone/768/

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    You could use OneNote. The mobile app, Windows 8 app, & Web app are free. See the linked page for mobile devices that are supported.

Joe

Thanks
    I use Excel (using .xls format) and Dropbox. Recipients join Dropbox (free) and use Excel or Excel viewer.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    For me the easy choice would be Evernote

Can be accessed as a web page (no sign up necessary) or the app is available free for Ios, Android, and of course PC or Mac.
    "Campaigns to bear-proof all garbage containers in wild areas have been difficult because, as
    one biologist put it, `There is a considerable overlap between the intelligence levels of the
    smartest bears and the dumbest tourists.'
    Richard Wabrek