5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Multiple users with Windows XP (Word 2000)

I have just upgraded from Windows 98 to Windows XP. I have 3 users on the XP system. Logging on as Jim and launching Word when I go to File, New I get the Window with all the Office templates. When I log on with another user name (Nancy) and open Word, going to File, New does not show the Office template window, and if I go to the Other Templates choice there is nothing there. I have tried going to Tools, Options, File Locations and under User Templates, pointing to the location where the Office templates are, (Program Files, Microsoft Office, Templates, 1033), but this does not seem to work. How do I correct this multi-user problem?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Multiple users with Windows XP (Word 2000)

Hi, jimhaynes! I'm not positive, but this may be a permissions issue in Windows XP. If I had to guess, Jim (you?) were the logged in user when the application was installed. Try Logging on as administrator and using Explorer navigate to the folder where the templates are. Then right-click / Properties / Permissions. The location may be inaccurate because I don't have a WinXP machine handy for reference.
    Karen