Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Lounger
    Thanks

Recommend password manager?

I'm looking for some password managers that keep track of online passwords and desktop applications (Outlook, Quicken, etc.) passwords. I've searched password managers on line but I can't tell if they cover both passwords online and desktop. I'm running Windows 8. I'd appreciate some recommendations if possible. Thanks in advance for your help

Thanks
    Last Pass will work well for the online passwords. I don't know of any desktop password managers. Perhaps someone else has some experience in that regards.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    KeePass works on-line and off and covers any program you use, but it is a manual system until you add a plug-in for integration with a browser etc.

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    My favorite is RoboForm desktop version. Note it is free to try limit 10 passwords.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Medico View Post
    Last Pass will work well for the online passwords. I don't know of any desktop password managers. Perhaps someone else has some experience in that regards.
    +1 for Last Pass, use it on the Android too.
    Do you "Believe"? Do you vote? Please Read:
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    DETAIL in your question promotes DETAIL in my answer.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    I also use LastPass. I keep non website passwords as secure notes, when I need to. It's not as practical as for websites, but you have it there when you need it.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Thanks
    If you simply want to store passwords in an encrypted, password-protected, file and view them in a NOTEPAD-like interface, have a look at Steganos Locknote (free). Totally unsophisticated, but I've used it for many years without a problem.
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    My favorite is Password Safe. Its open source and free.
    Chuck

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    My vote goes to Roboform, which I have been using for over ten years, good value at US$ 29.95, or else subscription at US$ 9.95.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Though many solutions are available, RoboForm is the strongest and most mature. Just pay the fair price as shown on www.roboform.com, you'll never regret it. Have used it myself for the last 5 years on all kinds of environments (including Android smartphone), for business as well as private. By the way, this 'dual' use is beautifully supported by two different profiles in RoboForm. Master passwords are different for both profiles, as are also credit card numbers and so on, but both profiles are available in the same installation. Also windows desktop logins are managed, for instance required for network logins and for unlocking encrypted pdf's, which can also be stored in the Roboform directory. This I use for TAN codes required for money transfers. All can also be copied on USB stick to be used on 'outdoor' locations. In that case is good to know that nothing is copied to the PC used, and your master password can also be put in with your mice to prevent theft by keylogger malware. For unlocking the encrypted pdf's, I just put the small free Foxit pdf reader on the USB memory also, and 'told' Roboform where to find it for an easy 'one click' unlocking. Also I like the choice for storing everything online or offline or both (with automatic sync). There are many more advantages of RoboForm, not all can be found in prodoct descriptions most of the times, but this post is long enough as it is. Believe me, It is all kinds of these 'details' that really make the difference.
    Last edited by dutchiek; 2013-05-16 at 05:46.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Long time user of LastPass

New Lounger
    Thanks
    LastPass or the win for me ;>]

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Password Keeper, a $20 shareware program I have used for a decade or so, keeps up to 1000 passwords and 16 credit cards. The passwords (randomly generated on command, or you can roll your own) can have up to 46 characters, and even include ALT-nnnn characters like . (Of course, not many password entry forms will accept characters like that.)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Is there any password keeping program that has the capability to:
    -Open a scrolling alphabetized list of sites and programs when you right-click on any password entry box and pick the appropriate menu item? You could then pick the appropriate name of the site or program from this list, and the proper password/username/etc page of the password keeping program would be opened. Then you could select the username or password or other datum to be transferred into the box.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have used Roboform since its days as freeware back in the '90s, and have watched it mature into what I think is a top-flight password manager, "and so much more". I won't try to sell you on it, as others have done so beautifully already, but I will say how happy I am to see so many recommending it. I am always baffled when I see reviews of PMs that leave out RF altogether ... ??? Believe me -- and the others -- that is an inexcusable oversight. It is a product that works on the PC, smartphones, USB drives (or whatever you want to call them), online ... and they all integrate/sync together seamlessly. You will NEVER regret going with RF. Good luck!
    Please help save what few trees we have left on this planet, and don&#39;t print any of this unless necessary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast