Lounger
    Thanks

Error opening Other Users (Outlook 2000)

This might be an Exchange issue, as we run Outlook through an Exchange server.

Our office has two generic users set up that all staff have delegate access to as read only. These users house our office vacation calendar and a calendar of appointments. Each user accesses these calendars through the Open Other User function.

One user in our office cannot open the vacation calendar. The system says that she does not have enough memory to open one of the calendars. She can access the other calendar with no problem. I can log on as another user and access both calendars from that PC. I get the same error when I log on as that user from another PC. No other user in the office has this problem.

What am I missing here?

-rich

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Error opening Other Users (Outlook 2000)

Don't be offended, but have you checked the permissions for that user in the generic vacation calendar mailbox?
    Is she on the same server as the generic mailbox?
    Sorry these are only questions and not answers.
    Silverback

Lounger
    Thanks

I wont be offended, because I'm convinced that it's something silly like that. It seems to be the only explanation. However the answer to this question is that she is on the same server. We only have the one server. Both generic mailboxes are on the same location, too.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

From the fact that you can log on as another user on the 'offending' machine, but get a failure when you log on as the user on another machine and can't access the vacation calendar, it seems that the problem must be something to do with that user. Have you tried removing her permissions from the vacation calendar, logging out of Outlook, restart and then add her to the list of allowed users again?
    Does she open the calendar as Open other user's folder or add the mailbox to her Outlook display? If the latter, you could try removing the mailbox, close down then add in again.
    Desperate stuff, but can't think of anything else.
    Silverback

Lounger
    Thanks

The user does access through "Open Other Users."
    All employees have access to the calendar through a delegate of the "all" group. I tried adding her specifically as a delegate to the calendar with no luck.
    I tried uninstalling her as a user on that copy of Outlook and reinstalling.
    I'm becoming convinced there must be something within her Exchange user set up that is blocking it, but I can't figure out what it is since she can access the other generic calendar that is set up identically.