Thanks

Great deal on great product IMHO

Ok folks here's your chance to snag on of the commonly recommended, here, maintenance programs Revo Uninstaller the Pro (Paid) version really cheap.
    It's licensed per COMPUTER, so I just snagged 4 copies for a total of $31.39! A single copy on this deal will run you $15.70 so buy more save more ( standard price is $39.25 ). I've used and recommended the free version for years and thought it was time to send some dollars their way. I couldn't believe the deal as I increased the copies. HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

VBA Rules!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RetiredGeek For This Useful Post:

brino (2013-05-17),jwitalka (2013-05-13),lmodra (2013-05-15),Medico (2013-05-13),Mike Feury (2013-05-16)

Thanks
    Thanks for the link RG. As a heads up, make sure you use the download link you get in the purchase receipt Email to install Revo. The serial number you get doesn't work if you download directly from the Revo site.

Jerry

Thanks
    All I needed was one additional license, but I did grab that. I have been using Revo Pro for a couple of years now.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwitalka View Post
    Thanks for the link RG. As a heads up, make sure you use the download link you get in the purchase receipt Email to install Revo. The serial number you get doesn't work if you download directly from the Revo site.

Jerry
    Jerry,

Whoda thought? Thanks for the info. I just automatically downloaded it since it was there.

RG

VBA Rules!

Laptop Specs

Thanks
    I just did that Friday, and yes, it is a great deal.
    Create a new drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"Let them that don't want it have memories of not gettin' any." "Gratitude is riches and complaint is poverty and the worst I ever had was wonderful." Brother Dave Gardner "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else." Sir Thomas Robert Deware. "The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?" Captain Jack Sparrow.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks
    I had Revo Uninstaller free installed on wife's PC. I used the upgrade download included there, downloaded Revo Pro and the key worked fine from there as well.

I did have to uninstall Revo free as the Pro installation is totally separate from the free installation.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Medico View Post
    I did have to uninstall Revo free as the Pro installation is totally separate from the free installation.
    Ted,

Right you are! I even used Revo Pro to uninstall Revo Free and not a glitch...now that's good programming!

Just for kicks after reading BruceR's comment I tried downloading Revo direct from their site vs the link I got in the confirmation email. Worked like a charm. Now I did download the PRO version NOT the Free version. So far everything is working as expected. I've installed it on my main desktop in both OSes/Dual boot, on my Laptop both OSes/Dual boot, and my wife's laptop. That's a total of 5 installs and I bought 4 copies! It is stated as a per machine license and I was afraid that they might not mean hardware but OSes but hardware it is. The final test is when I install it on my backup desktop which will be the actual 4th piece of hardware.

I really like the Pro interface much better and it's very nice to see both your 64 & 32 bit programs on the same screen and not have to think why a program is not showing up and then have to switch to the Add/Remove programs.

One happy camper!

Update: I almost forgot to mention that I had downloaded 3.0.2 from the link. Just now I got an update notice and it installed 3.0.5!
    Last edited by RetiredGeek; 2013-05-13 at 19:35.

RG

VBA Rules!

Laptop Specs

Thanks
    I also used Revo Pro to uninstall her Revo Free.

Darn, now that you mention it, I have Revo Pro v2XX on my PC. Perhaps I should have gotten 2 licenses because I keep getting a pop up on my copy asking if I wish to purchase the upgrade to v3XX. The cost seems more than what I could have gotten with the special. Oh well, for as often as I use it, v2xx is working fine for me.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Thanks
    Ted,

Special is still good today!

RG

VBA Rules!

Laptop Specs

Thanks
    I don't need the update that bad. Revo Pro V2xx is working fine for me. I guess I'll hold off for now.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the heads up!
    Anyone else notice that 3 licenses are cheaper than two? I have used Revo Pro on my desktop for years, and only needed two additional licenses - but heh, 3 are cheaper than 2

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredGeek View Post
    Ted,

Right you are! I even used Revo Pro to uninstall Revo Free and not a glitch...now that's good programming!

Just for kicks after reading BruceR's comment I tried downloading Revo direct from their site vs the link I got in the confirmation email. Worked like a charm. Now I did download the PRO version NOT the Free version. So far everything is working as expected. I've installed it on my main desktop in both OSes/Dual boot, on my Laptop both OSes/Dual boot, and my wife's laptop. That's a total of 5 installs and I bought 4 copies! It is stated as a per machine license and I was afraid that they might not mean hardware but OSes but hardware it is. The final test is when I install it on my backup desktop which will be the actual 4th piece of hardware.

I really like the Pro interface much better and it's very nice to see both your 64 & 32 bit programs on the same screen and not have to think why a program is not showing up and then have to switch to the Add/Remove programs.

One happy camper!

Update: I almost forgot to mention that I had downloaded 3.0.2 from the link. Just now I got an update notice and it installed 3.0.5!
    Where's BruceR's comment? Was it removed?
    -- Bob Primak --

Thanks
    Bob,

Good Question! I sure didn't remove it and it doesn't show as removed but it sure isn't there any more.

RG

VBA Rules!

Laptop Specs

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bobprimak View Post
    Where's BruceR's comment? Was it removed?
    Is your name not Bruce? That's going to cause a little confusion. Mind if we call you 'Bruce' to keep it clear?

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredGeek View Post
    Bob,

Good Question! I sure didn't remove it and it doesn't show as removed but it sure isn't there any more.
    G'day Bruce!

I only used Revo Uninstaller a few times about five years ago, so I wouldn't feel qualified to make any comment about it. (I just haven't seen a need for it more recently.)

I think you confused me with some other Bruce or Sheila.

Bruce
    (the Pommy bastard)

Crack tubes!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceR View Post
    Is your name not Bruce? That's going to cause a little confusion. Mind if we call you 'Bruce' to keep it clear?

G'day Bruce!

I only used Revo Uninstaller a few times about five years ago, so I wouldn't feel qualified to make any comment about it. (I just haven't seen a need for it more recently.)

I think you confused me with some other Bruce or Sheila.

Bruce
    (the Pommy bastard)

Crack tubes!
    We do live in a strange Lounge some days, Bruce! G'day!
    Last edited by bobprimak; 2013-05-18 at 16:23.
    -- Bob Primak --