Thread: blastcin.exe

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

blastcin.exe

The above named file is in System 32 on my friend's laptop, and is shown by Secunia as being an out of date discontinued product. I have deleted it more than once, but it immediately recreates itself. How can I stop this happening?

Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards, Roy
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I tried to research blastcin.exe but all I can find is blastcln.exe so let's go with that
    --- If blastcin.exe is what's actually in your friends laptop I believe the same principles apply but it would be good to know the correct spelling

http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...Tool-Uninstall looks like it presents some interesting ideas and also googling the correct spelling will give very similar ideas for solutions especially with a couple of Microsoft recommendations.

Also consider the following
    Run his anti-malware programs and take appropriate actions on the results
    --- Check the services and stop anything that could be associated with blastcln.exe
    --- Clear his internet cache
    --- Uninstall anything associated with blastcln.exe in Add/Remove if found
    --- Run a search and delete anything that could be associated with blastcln.exe if found
    --- Run Disk Cleanup
    --- Check the startups and uncheck anything that looks like it could be associated with blastcln.exe
    --- Shut down, start back up
    Restart and see how it goes

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I used the following method to delete the file. (This was given by a member called The Ancient in an earlier thread regarding the same issue).

"Depending on the way blastcln.exe was originally installed, a backup copy can be found in either
    C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386 or in
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\dllcache
    Both of the above are hidden systems folders so you will have to set Windows Explorer options to display those files.
    Once you find YOUR backup copy, delete the backup first - then delete the version in C:\Windows\System32.
    Since now there is no longer a backup, your system will not be able to re-create the pesky thing from backup."

That worked.

Regards,
    Roy
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

4. The Following User Says Thank You to royw For This Useful Post:

cmptrgy (2013-05-14)