2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

A small problem with my files.

Hello, it's me again. Once again with a minor issue with my computer. Here's the problem: I like to write stories. Until recently, when I saved them to my file I could use anything like OpenOffice, Microsoft Word Viewer, RTF, etc. Makes it useful when I want to post to other sites or email them. Now something annoying has come up and I don't understand why. Recently, when I save my stories, when they appear in my file, instead of the usual title followed by OpenOffice, Microsoft Word Viewer, etc, they just read title and file. When I try to open them, a pop-up titled Open With appears asking "which program do you want to use to open this file?" And I seem to have lost RTF somewhere. I can save with it apparently but it doesn't seem to be listed in the Open With. Also, a while back when I had RTF, I tried posting a story on a site but for some strange reason every other sentence was rendered in capital letters. Somewhere along the way some glitch must have happened. I don't know what, though. Everything else seems to be working okay. I'm just having trouble posting some stories to certain sites. I'm also afraid this little glitch might get worse. Diagnosis and cure anyone

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If you are using Openoffice to do the saving make sure that "Automatic File Name Extension" is checked in the save dialog.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasjk View Post
    If you are using Openoffice to do the saving make sure that "Automatic File Name Extension" is checked in the save dialog.
    Yikes! It's those little things I overlook that I make a big deal over. I can't figure how that got unchecked but thanks