New Lounger
    Thanks

Java Exploit Virus

A repeating virus that either comes back or that remains dormant until it activates (again) later is what I've experienced during the past few months (on and off again) and because it's a trojan, that would explain its ability to hide or change its name to tuck in with system files, etc...
    During the last removal scan, etc...I deleted the Java install I had altogether and attempted to re-install the latest Java and could not. The same with a Pdf viewer I like, is the FoxReader instead of Adobe. That's over with too, as when I went to update it, for some reason it was not functioning and I am having difficulty downloading anything, with the exception of Microsoft Essentials (antivirus) and malware bytes.
    If any suggestions or recommendations as to what I may do or what's required to ditch this nasty virus, from anyone that may have knowledge or have experieced the same kind of thing, etc...feel free to reply. I'm going to likely, reinstall the Windows 7 or try the repair disc. Before defeating to that end, I was just concerned that I may find new information in order to deal with this issue, as from what it looks like, Java is a hitting target or conduit for virus' to attach on, etc.

My Computer specs: OS Windows 7 Ultimate sp1
    Athlon DCP 5700+
    Hard drive's (I believe) 2.87 ghz)
    4 gb 3.37 usable mem.

Thanks,
    Joe
    Last edited by joe5; 2013-06-27 at 15:10. Reason: added content

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Cool

You could try TDSSKILLER which gets rid of rootkits according to its claims.
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.