Thanks

Paranormal Service Pack

Earlier today I booted into Windows 7 to make drive images of my Windows 8 partitions while I did some other things in Windows 7. MSE had a definition update available, so I downloaded and installed that. After I finished the drive images and stuff, I hit Start > Restart and was greeted with "Please wait while Service Pack is configured" and a couple of percentage updates, then a reboot.

Since my intent was to reboot into Windows 8, that's what I did. About 20 minutes ago I rebooted to go back to Windows 7 for something, and got the "Please wait ..... don't turn off your PC". It finally got to 100%, and then spent a very long time cleaning up. When I finally got logged in, I check my Update history, and the only thing showing is the MSE update.

???

I'm not sure what's going on at this point. The last updates I ran were a dozen or so on 5/16, but nothing called a Service Pack, and the only update listed as available earlier was the MSE update.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Was Windows 7 SP1 already installed?

Joe

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP517 View Post
    Was Windows 7 SP1 already installed?

Joe
    I installed SP 1 the week it became available from Microsoft, so it couldn't have been that.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeP517 View Post
    Again, I installed that rollup when it was made available from Microsoft. The paranormal update was very similar in process and timeframe, though. I intend to spend some time in Windows 7 this afternoon to see if I notice anything.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks
    How about the IE 10 for Windows 7 update?

Jerry

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwitalka View Post
    How about the IE 10 for Windows 7 update?

Jerry
    No, I'm still running IE 9.

Unleash Windows