3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

where clause (Access 2000)

A where string

I have a working code where i want to substiture a part of the Where clause with another string.But somehow
    i cannot hit the right syntax and i receive a syntax eror.
    My working code is as follows
    Dim StrBas As String
    Dim strAfid As String
    strAfid = "And (([customers].[afid])=1))"

StrBas = " SELECT [order details].[ProductID], [products].[grade], Sum([order details].[liters]) AS Liters,

[products].[size], [orders].[customerid], Month([invoiceDate]) AS ContrMonth, [customers].[afid] " & _
    " FROM (customers INNER JOIN orders ON [customers].[Customerid]=[orders].[customerid]) INNER JOIN (products INNER JOIN [order

details] ON ([products].[Productid]=[order details].[ProductID]) AND ([products].[Productid]=[order details].[ProductID])) ON

[orders].[orderid]=[order details].[OrderID] " & _
    " WHERE (((Year([InvoiceDate]))=2001) And (([orders].[paymentid])=True) And ((Month([invoiceDate])) Between 1 And 12) And

(([customers].[afid])=1)) " & _
    " GROUP BY [order details].[ProductID], [products].[grade], [products].[size], [orders].[customerid], Month([invoiceDate]),

[customers].[afid] " & _
    " ORDER BY [products].[grade];"

Me.RecordSource = StrBas

i want to rewrite the above valid code and replace a part of the Where clause with the string StrAfid as follows

Dim StrBas As String
    Dim strAfid As String
    strAfid = "And (([customers].[afid])=1))"

StrBas = " SELECT [order details].[ProductID], [products].[grade], Sum([order details].[liters]) AS Liters,

[products].[size], [orders].[customerid], Month([invoiceDate]) AS ContrMonth, [customers].[afid] " & _
    " FROM (customers INNER JOIN orders ON [customers].[Customerid]=[orders].[customerid]) INNER JOIN (products INNER JOIN [order

details] ON ([products].[Productid]=[order details].[ProductID]) AND ([products].[Productid]=[order details].[ProductID])) ON

[orders].[orderid]=[order details].[OrderID] " & _
    " WHERE (((Year([InvoiceDate]))=2001) And (([orders].[paymentid])=True) And ((Month([invoiceDate])) Between 1 And 12) &

strAfid " & _
    " GROUP BY [order details].[ProductID], [products].[grade], [products].[size], [orders].[customerid], Month([invoiceDate]),

[customers].[afid] " & _
    " ORDER BY [products].[grade];"

Me.RecordSource = StrBas

However i receive alsways errors and i cannot right the syntax properly.Can somebody help me?

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: where clause (Access 2000)

you wrote this code:

" WHERE (((Year([InvoiceDate]))=2001) And (([orders].[paymentid])=True) And ((Month([invoiceDate])) Between 1 And 12) &

strAfid " & _

It needs to be:

" WHERE (((Year([InvoiceDate]))=2001) And (([orders].[paymentid])=True) And ((Month([invoiceDate])) Between 1 And 12)" & srAfid & _
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

thank you

Dear Sir,

i will check up and study your suggeston but furst of all i want to thank cordially for the pains you have taken to answer
    Best regards