Star Lounger
    Thanks

Vista MS Outlook Question

How can I permanently get rid of MS Outlook error messages ? I never use MS Outlook and never intend to use MS Outlook. I use the Internet Explorer browser. Thanks for your help ... Ted

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    You should not receive Outlook error messages if you are not running Outlook. What are the specific error messages?

Joe

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    It may be set up as the default email so that anytime you click on an email link or return information link which uses email, your system tries to start and use Outlook?
    IF so and in that situation I don't know how to stop that because you need some desktop client of some sort to substitute as the default and I don't know if there are any desktop thin clients that point and go to browser accessed mail that you could set as default instead.

Thanks
    When you installed Office, did Outlook install as well? I had to choose a custom install and chose not to install Outlook at all. I do not see any Outlook messages of any type.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    You are probably using a desktop client of some sort though for email right? And that is probably set as default. So even if you did have Outlook installed you would never get the message. I sometimes get an error message that I cannot send email (when I uninstall a program and it wants to email feedback as to why) because my Outlook Express is not configured on an XP system that is not used for email at all, but OE is set as the default of course.