New Lounger
    Thanks

Subform (Office 2000)

I am setting up a school database - a table for parents and a related (one to many) table for pupils. I made a form for pupils for data entry, and put the parents form into it as a subform. The two forms kept in step - as each pupil appeared, the appropriate parental form turned up.
    But I wanted the pupils form to show an age calculated from the birthdate. This couldn't be done in a table, so I put it in a Query. But I wasn't allowed to make a form from a table and a query that overlapped, so I made the whole Pupils table into a query and added the calculation. The form made from the Query is exactly what I want.
    Trouble is, the parents subform is no longer in step with the pupils, and I can't find any way to make it conform. Making a relationship between the pupil query and the parents table has no effect (and referential integrity is greyed out). I don't really understand what it is that keeps a form and a subform in step, or why I can't do it.
    Waddi

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Subform (Office 2000)

What keeps it in step is the master and child links between the parent form and the subform. Open the form in design view and click on the subform control, then open the properties sheet for that control. If you select the Data tab, you'll see Link Child Fields and Link Master Fields properties. You need to reestablish links on fields in both recordset.
    Charlotte

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Subform (Office 2000)

Thanks. Problem solved.
    Waddi