New Lounger
    Thanks

everything's underlined in Word

I have Word 2003 on an old desktop that I recently pressed into service because my main unit was out for repair--when I last used it all seemed to work well--now, every letter I attempt writing has everything underlined--in fact simply typing, "this is a test" is underlined--this state cannot be altered with the U key--there must be a setting that somehow got changed while the unit was slumbering--HELP!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    It MAY be possible that you actually have "Track Changes" turned on. I don't have Word 2003 anymore but look through the Menu items - probably under Tools->Track Changes, and see if you have Highlight Changes turned on.

You can also take a look at Tools-Options-Track Changes and see how your changes would display in your document.

Hope this helps.

Marc

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you very much Mark--it took 3 "turn off track changes" but finally worked--I had turned it off 3 or 4 times in the past 2 weeks but every time I re-opened Word, there it was--when I re-customized the menu bar I removed the icon from the tools options and VOILA--thank you ever so much

New Lounger
    Thanks
    OOPS--after thinking the problem was solved, I re-opened Word and everything I typed was underlined--after about an hour of experimentation I found that if I open Word, hit underline, wait 15 seconds, then de-underline the underline function BEFORE I type anything, there is no underline--this is an old computer kept as a backup abut doesn't quite qualify as such!