3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Server Busy Notification

Just recently my XP Pro has begun to display this box after starting up;

2gy23o5.png

The box persists for some time irrespective of which tick box I use, and I can't access anything else on the PC.
    Eventually it disappears and all seems normal.

Has anyone come across this event, or know what causes it?

Thanks
    1. In Task Manager select the 'Server Busy' program, right-click and select 'Go to Process'. This should tell you what program is causing the error. Either edit or uninstall the program.
    2. Run 'msconfig' and untick any unecessary programs BUT don't remove something unless you know what it is. A quick google search should provide you with information on any oddly named processes.
    3. Create a new user account. With a fresh user account the process that is starting will not run anymore. Simply migrate over any documents/music/etc. to the new account.
    4. Uninstall possible suspect programs, particularly ones that have been recently installed or undergone a significant update.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, chowur. I found that SnagIt Editor was responsible for the message so I unticked snagit in msconfig and then altered the preferences to prevent the editor from running.
    Seems to have done the trick, although I can't think why it should have suddenly started happening. I'll keep an eye on it.

Thanks
    Continuing with chowur's thought, there are a lot of useful programs that you need SOMETIMES, but you don't need them running ALL THE TIME using resources. For example, my Canon printer/scanner/copier wants to load a menu every time I log into Windows. I need the menu only occasionally, so I went into msconfig and unticked the menu program. Now it doesn't load when I start Windows. However, there is an icon for it in my Start menu, so I can run it whenever I need it. (I then kill it when I am done with it.)