Star Lounger
    Thanks

multisurvey.js pop-up and IE9

Every time I go to the weather channel site using IE9 I get a pop-up That asks if I want to open or save multisurvey.js from www.gstatic.com. This doesn't happen if I use Chrome. What do I need to do to get rid of it? Do I want to save or open it? I have to click the cancel option each time.
    See attachment.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    That weather site appears to be trying to run a script when using IE. I would check to see if there is an add-on causing a problem. One way to check is to run IE in Safe Mode. If the problem goes away, start enabling add-ons one at a time until you find the culprit.

You might also delete all temp internet files, history and cookies from IE.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Medico For This Useful Post:

xyiegphriedt (2013-05-23)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,167 Times in 1,071 Posts
    Do you have issues with javascript elsewhere? Does it happen if you add that website to the secure site's list?
    Rui
    -------
    R4

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ruirib For This Useful Post:

xyiegphriedt (2013-05-23)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the suggestions. I tried running it in safe mode and still get the IE pop-up. I ran CCleaner to delete cookies and temp files. I don't know when this started happening, I think within the last month. Maybe the solution is to upgrade to IE10 or just use Chrome. What I really want to know is what happens if I click open or save on the pop-up. I have been clicking cancel each time. Maybe I just need to stay off the weather channel as I don't get this message anywhere else.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xyiegphriedt View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. I tried running it in safe mode and still get the IE pop-up. I ran CCleaner to delete cookies and temp files. I don't know when this started happening, I think within the last month. Maybe the solution is to upgrade to IE10 or just use Chrome. What I really want to know is what happens if I click open or save on the pop-up. I have been clicking cancel each time. Maybe I just need to stay off the weather channel as I don't get this message anywhere else.
    Cancel is the correct option. That file should be executed by the browser, so you should not even be offered an option at all.

I would backup and try an IE 10 upgrade. IE 10 should be a better, safer browser, anyway.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have upgraded to IE10 and still get this pop-up on the weather channel. It also happens on my old computer running XP and an older version on IE. The weather channel is the only place this happens and it is most annoying. The best solution is to use Chrome if I want to go to the weather channel.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Doesn't happen to me on IE 10. Do you use any add-on to block scripts?
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Well it has been a while since I checked in. The problem has fixed itself and now I have new problems I am working on.