4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Printing in Reverse Order

We are using Word 2010. We have a weekly bulletin that we print out as a booklet. We just got a new MFP, a Sharp MX5111N and it prints our bulletins inside out. In other words the cover is at the center of the bulletin and the center pages become the outside. I can print it correctly if I convert it to a PDF, however I would like to be able to print directly from Word. There is not an option in the printer dialog to reverse the page order.

There is a setting in Word, File, Options, Advanced, Printing, Print Pages in reversed Order. I checked that box but when I print, I only get one page of my 8 page bulletin to print out. That is the only thing I am changing. Anyone have any ideas if there is an offsetting option that I need to turn off to make that work? Thank you for any help.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I wonder what options they have for printing in the order you want
    --- For such a good unit it sounds odd if they don't have a procedure for reverse printing

Can you print out their menu so you can ensure you are not missing a step?

Have you opened the manual that is included for your system

You can try to contact them and ask them about that
    http://www.sharpusa.com/CustomerSupp...ctSupport.aspx

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I know it does seem strange that they don't have that as an option. I have had the trainer, the salesperson and the tech support all out here to our site and they have not been able to figure it out. And, check this one out, I would love to open a manual but so far they haven't been able to find one for me. And, it's a brand new unit. Oh, well, I just need to be patient. Thanks for the suggestions.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    As a workaround, can you send the document in reverse order by specifying the pages to print eg "8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1"
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I can relate to being unable to find the manual. I have gone online and I believe the setup, user manual and another document I don't recall the title of at this time all produced the same explanation of how well the unit can do so many functions

Since the unit is brand new, can you have it replaced as a defective unit?
    --- Even though it isn't a hardware issue, it's a perfomance issue which isn't out of the ordinary expectation of any MFP
    --- Since you have had help to try to figure out what's wrong, that tells me each one of those persons expected the unit to perform the way you are asking
    Maybe they can send you a new set set of install discs with the correct software in it
    ------ Naturally you would have to uninstall the present software and start over but it isn't fair to you to put up with the unit's inability to perform a very natural function

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Try this: create a simple Word 2010 simple document with a few pages without converting it to PDF and see if it will print in reverse
    --- If it does, maybe the one that you cannot print in reverse still "thinks" it's trying to print as a PDF, hence the Word setting can't complete what you are trying to do

For the MFP unit itself
    ------ Check Device Manager to see if there are any yellow or red markers in the units entry
    ------ Check Sharp's website for their latest drivers along with the latest "Rev and/or Firmware"
    --- Maybe the Word 2010 setting has to "coincide" with a setting in the printers unit and can't proceed because there isn't anything to "coincide" with and causes the hangup
    BTW, Are the Sharp people attempting to still reach a resolution on that unit for your problem?
    --- Not knowing how their other units that have been sold I would think they should be fixing what’s wrong whether or not its only your unit or others out there
    --- I wonder if there's a possibilty Sharp didn't include the reverse order procedure figuring that reverse order can be done through the documents software setup
    --- I know, I'm speculating now but I guess that comes with the territory whan a decent explanation isn't forthcoming

Thanks
    Personally, I think Adobe is your best bet on this one. After you print to Adobe a few times, you'll develop the habit of doing it, and it won't seem like a hassle.

Adobe is a great print job manager program. It seems that no matter what you are dealing with, you can print successfully to Adobe; and once you have done that, you will be able to print it successfully to your printer.