Results 1 to 1 of 1
2013-05-23, 11:16 #1
- Join Date
- May 2002
- Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
- Thanked 439 Times in 362 Posts
Microsoft Word Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge Tutorial
Attached is a tutorial on how to use Word's mailmerge facility to create lists sorted by category.
Microsoft has similar articles at:
but my tutorial goes way beyond those articles' scope by:
a ) providing a sample data source that can be used to demonstrate/test the use of different keys,
b ) including working mailmerge fields
c ) adding examples to show how:. text can be categorised using two keysPlus, unlike the field coding suggested by the MSKB articles, my approach doesn't insert extra lines for Excel data sources.
• text can be added after the repeated data
• group and sub-group counts and totals can be calculated without the need for such fields in the source data
• to create a two-column output
• to create a series of tables from the merged data
• to shade alternate rows when merging to a table
• to merge to email
Note 1: Please read the tutorial before trying to use the mailmerge main document for a mailmerge - the merge field coding you'll need is in the tutorial and has to be copied from there into the mailmerge main document before you can do a mailmerge.
Note 2: Any discussions should be made in a new thread - they cannot be added to this one.
Last edited by macropod; 2014-02-07 at 01:27. Reason: Additional contentCheers,
[MS MVP - Word]
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to macropod For This Useful Post: