New Lounger
    Irvine, CA

What has a screen for 8.5" x 11" AND is portable?

Hello All:
    I am looking for a Laptop / Tablet that will let me view the entire 8.5" x 11" of a document (this is the sticking point). This is for one of my hobbies so price might be an issue at some point.
    The basic requirements (beyond document viewing size) are battery lifetime, readability (most of the time it will be used indoors), ability to lay flat on a table, USB port and it needs to be able to display PDFs or some similar format. Weight is not a big issue but something light would be nice. Color would be nice but not required. No specific OS is required, yet.
    The actual use will be for forms that two or more people sitting at a table will need to see (and possibly fill out), or manuals that I will need to look at or read.

The Icing on the cake, would be the ability to run programs or apps that would support the Hobby, so Java, some form of Office Suite, and if I can convince myself to do the work the ability to write my own apps (or programs).

Thank you,

California & Arizona
    This would be my choice based on your criteria.
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.