5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

WLM and "blocked senders list"

From time to time I've added senders to the "blocked senders list".
    Today I noticed I'm still receiving spam from some I have already added.
    Question:
    Where can I find the contents of my list?
    A web search mentions a setting under "Tools" but my "tool-box" just shows "send/receive" and "work offline."

I'd appreciate any help in resolving this issue.
    Thanks,
    Dick

Thanks
    in WLM 2012, its under the dropdown arrow in the upper left had corner of the ribbon > Options > Safety Options > Block Senders tab.

Jerry

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jwitalka For This Useful Post:

Dick-Y (2013-05-24)

Thanks
    I am not familiar with WLM. However, there are some basic techniques which should work with all email clients. The technique you can use here is that you should be able to create a rule to permanently delete all email coming from a particular sender.

I'll use Outlook 2007 as an example. It won't be that different in WLM.

Let's say that the emails you want to block all come from the following email address: "johnsmith@gmail.com". (Don't include the quotes, and my apologies to whoever actually has this address!)

Create a rule that checks all incoming emails for those in which the sender's address includes "johnsmith@gmail.com". Tell it to permanently delete all such emails.

If you do it any other way, it might not catch all of them. The email address, on the other hand, is an exact value. It should catch all of them, that is, unless somehow the incoming emails were doctored on their way out of the sender's email system.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mrjimphelps For This Useful Post:

Dick-Y (2013-05-24)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Jerry:
    Thanks. I found the "blocked senders list" per your instructions. But now that leads to a f/u issue:
    In spite of having added many items over the past month, through the email's properties, the list was empty.

As a test, I just added one from my junk folder, and looked, and it is now there (just the 1 newly added item.)

When I shut down IE9, under Internet Options, I usually delete stuff there.

Is it possible that one of those IE9 "delete browsing History" settings is causing this WLM "delete sender" list of items to be deleted too?

If not, what is causing that WLM list to be cleared out/emptied?

Thanks,
    Dick

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick-Y View Post
    Jerry:
    Thanks. I found the "blocked senders list" per your instructions. But now that leads to a f/u issue:
    In spite of having added many items over the past month, through the email's properties, the list was empty.

As a test, I just added one from my junk folder, and looked, and it is now there (just the 1 newly added item.)

Is it possible that one of those IE9 "delete browsing History" settings is causing this WLM "delete sender" list of items to be deleted too?

Thanks,
    Dick
    My guess would be that the location of the list somehow got reset to another value, and it therefore can't find the previous list.

Thanks
    Hi Dick,
    I only use Gmail in WLM. I have 1 Hotmail & 1 Live.co.uk that are forwarded (without or minimum filtering applied). Gmail is also set to check mail using POP3 from my AOL account, again (without or minimum filtering applied). All mail is filtered by Gmail.

RR.JPG
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks George. I'm going to try to get this issue resolved with what I'm using at this point in time,
    I don't want to switch horses in mid-stream.
    Best,
    Dick

Thanks
    ok
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick-Y View Post
    Jerry:

Thanks,
    Dick
    IE9 cleanup should have no effect on WLM. Is your Safe Senders list purged as well? The only thing I can think of that would clear the list is if you ran some clean up utility like CCleaner. Other than that, I have no ideas.

Jerry

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Jerry. I hadn't thought of the fact that I run CCleaner regularly. I'll look at what I have checked/unchecked for when I run it.
    Dick

Thanks
    I didn't see anything relevant in the CCleaner options but you might want to stop using it for a long enough period to see if the purging stops. You also might want to disable any Email checking options in your AV as a test.

Jerry

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Jerry. I didn't either. I will f/u on your 2 suggestions.

Dick

Thanks
    You can set up additional custom filters in Gmail. Click more when you have the actual email open and then create your own additional filter. I do this for each SPAM email that gets through gmail SPAM filters and they disappear forever

Quote Originally Posted by Roderunner View Post
    Hi Dick,
    I only use Gmail in WLM. I have 1 Hotmail & 1 Live.co.uk that are forwarded (without or minimum filtering applied). Gmail is also set to check mail using POP3 from my AOL account, again (without or minimum filtering applied). All mail is filtered by Gmail.

RR.JPG