New Lounger
    Thanks

Exclamation Please save my sanity!

I am being driven mad editing a word document. Can anyone out there advise why I cannot accept/reject changes in document - these options appear in grey/shadow and do not allow their selection. Help pleeeeeeeeeese!!!!!!!!!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Please post the word processing program you are using

Since you mention you cannot edit a word document, does that mean you do not have your issue on wother word documents
    On the word document that you cannot edit, is this your own document or does it originate from someone else?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The document I am editing originated from someone else and I have already gone to Protect Document and allowed tracked changes under editing restrictions so I can mark it up as I edit. However, am concerned that they will not have access to the accept/reject option when they are reading through my changes once I have finished with it. It does not appear as an option that can be activated - appearing only as a shadow/grey. Please advise how I can make this accessible to them. Thks for your help - v. grateful for your assistance.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    If you set change tracking as the only kind of editing that can be done, then, quite logically, the ability to accept/reject changes (which would negate the point of the restriction) becomes unavailable. Accepting/rejecting changes can only be done while that restriction is 'off'.
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]