Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

SIW (System Information For Windows)-Home Edition

When my friend opens SIW (Home Edition) on her XPSP3 laptop and checks for updates she is told there is an updated version available, and the program gives a link to the website where in theory the updated version can be downloaded from. However, neither I nor she can find any download link for the update on the website. I tried to register her for the SIW forum, but every time I succeeded in entering all the required information and clicked submit registration the web page "disappeared" and I had to click refresh and then enter the info again. This soon got too tedious, and I know from previous experience that the software maker, although he gives an email contact link, does not respond to emails about the free Home Edition.

If someone can give me a link to the download for the latest version of the Home Edition I would be grateful. (I don't have access to the laptop at present, but the name of the latest version ended with z).

Thanks and regards,
    Roy
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Thanks
    Hi Roy,

From what I see on the site, the newest version is "SIW 2013 v4.4.0514 Home Edition (BETA) for Windows 8 x64" so I assume they're trying to capture a lost audience of W8 users.

Thanks
    Roy, you might like to look at a (hardware-orientated) alternative to SIW, called HWiNFO.
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Thanks
    The latest version is SIW 2013 v4.4.0514, System Information for Windows. Copyright (c) 2005-2013 Gabriel Topala