Lounger
    Thanks

OneNote 2010 images disappearing

I am running OneNote 2010 on a Win7 Home Premium SP1 system.

I keep recipes in OneNote to access via SkyDrive on different systems in various locations.

On the system referenced above, I am having a problem viewing images. When I click on a tab, the recipe is visible for a second- then disappears. This happens with most images, but not all. I cannot say whether the image was inserted via Win7 Snipping Tool, via printing from a web page or printing from Adobe. That shouldn’t make a difference, though.

Other Notebooks on this system have the same problem, so it is not isolated to one specific file.

The other systems display the images properly. All the tabs are there.

I have repaired the Office 2010 installation, and uninstalled, restarted, and then reinstalled Office and it made no difference. Still the images disappear.

Any ideas as to what the problem could be? Thanks in advance for your help. / cel

Thanks
    I too am using OneNote 2010 on my laptop. However I don't seem to be having the problem that you are. I have both C/P photos from recipes, as well as used the insert, and both methods seem to be working fine. They also show up just dandily on my Windows Phone 8 mobile OneNote too.
    Have you tried posting to the OneNote forum?

John

OneNote.jpg
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Lounger
    Thanks
    John-

Thanks for your reply. Over the years, I have learned much of what I know about computers from these boards. So naturally, I turn here first. I will cross post on the MS OneNote board, though I have checked there, too, for an answer to this problem.

Thanks again./ cel

Administrator
    Thanks
    Applications of take their image download settings from Internet Options in IE. Do you have problems with images in IE?

Joe

Lounger
    Thanks
    No trouble with IE10 or any other applications (knock wood).

This is bizarre because each evening I shut down the system. The next morning, OneNote pulls up the image just for an instant- then it disappears. I'm not that familiar with how the caches work in this case. Is there a change that can be made as to how information synced via SkyDrive is stored?

Thanks./ cel

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,062 Posts
    Images in OneNote notebooks are kept in a folder named OneNoteOfflineCache_Files, located at c:\users\YourUsername\Local Settings\Microsoft\OneNote\14.0\OneNoteOfflineCach e_Files, for OneNote 2010.

I wonder if there was an issue with the cached files. If what you have is shared notebooks, if you update each of those notebook pages in another computer, do the updated pages show up properly in the problematic computer?
    Rui
    -------
    R4