Thanks

"Sticky" tabs in Word 2010

In Word 2010, I have the default format to a [pretty standard] first line indent for paragraphs. But, if I want a particular section to be all flush left, no indent, Word always seems to then remove that default first line indent.

I understand that I can go back after the fact and remove any tab / indent from specific paragraphs, but is there a way to make that default first line stay set to always default to indent, so that I can format as I go without having to revise afterwards?
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Thanks
    Acquaint yourself with Styles as soon as possible.

You want to create a Style for the indent you want. Make sure that the style for following paragraph is set to be your Style.

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styles/stylesms.html

Seriously, this is both the solution to your problem and going to make anything you do with Word much, much, much easier.
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin

Thanks
    Charles, Thanks much! I'll take a look at the both of them.

Chuck
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I totally agree with Charles! Word without styles is like bread without butter. I think Microsoft really missed the boat when they pandered to the "easy" WordPerfect crowd to gain market share. It worked of course, but the cost was the diminished importance of styles as an integral part of Word.

My additional advice would be to move away from the default Normal template, and create your own custom template based on Normal. Keep Normal slim and left to the default settings. This will give you maximum flexibility in creating portable documents -- and reduce compatibility hassles with other users (or yourself in years to come).