2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Power Options/Turn off monitor

Is there any particular value/advantage in using Power Options/turn off montior versus either (a) just leaving monitor on (b) and/or manually turning monitor off? Thank you (I have System Standby set for 3 hours)

Thanks
    By turning off the monitor after a few minutes of inactivity, you reduce the likelihood of a burned in image on your monitor. In the past that was a problem, but perhaps these days it's not such a problem any more. But out of habit, I set my monitor to turn off after, say, 10 minutes of inactivity.

If you have a screen saver, it will keep changing the image shown on the screen, which will prevent a burned in image.

The advantage of doing it automatically is that you don't have to think about it. You set it and forget it.

Also, you save a couple of pennies of electricity per week (?) by turning off the monitor when it's not in use.

One reason you would want to leave it running all the time is if you have a problem with your monitor, and it takes a long time to come on when you power it on. In that case, you'd want to leave it on all the time, so that it's ready whenever you need it.

Here's a monitor story that may be of interest to you:

http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...es-to-start-up

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you