New Lounger
    Thanks

Action Center confused? Or something more sinister?

I recently restored a "virgin" True Image backup of Win 8 64 from January 2013, since I was having msi installer errors with some program and Windows updates. But, of course, in fixing that issue another problem has come up since the restore: Action Center insists that both spyware and virus protection are turned off with two "important messages." But. . .when I go to their respective Settings tabs, both are checked as "turned on." Also. . .Windows Defender is running (automatic) in services.msc. And I've never had any other antivirus programs installed on this computer.

On the Home tab in Action Center, it states: "Real time protection is turned off, You should turn it on." And there is a popup error box: "Some history items could not be displayed. Please wait a few minutes and try again. If that doesn't work, clear the history and try again." Error code 0x8050800d

There is no history to clear.

I'm trying to avoid a reinstall or refresh here if at all possible. Any help or comments are appreciated. Thanks all.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Oh, never mind. It was a file permission issue in Program Data/Windows. I just used my trusty "Take Ownership" reg hack on a couple of thousand files or so, and everything's good now.

Thanks
    I would have thought the permissions would have been set in the Image as well, they have always been in mine.

Glad it's now working.

Might I suggest Images more often. I create a new Image after each patch Tuesday. In this way my image is always less than one month old so that if something unexpected happens I can get everything back to a time just before the problem started. This will save a lot of time installing all the changes and updates that have occurred since that "virgin" image was created.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy