2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

My Vista Shuts Down, Needs to be Unplugged for a Minute Before Starting

My Vista desktop, made new over the holidays with a clean install at a shop, has started shutting itself down at start-up. It will start successfully after being unplugged for a minute or so.

I do not have a start-up repair disk as the Repair Center was on the computer, though is not now after the clean install. I cannot find it anywhere on the machine.

The machine has also having significant slow-down issues at start-up for half an hour or so - I am assuming it is downloading updates. This is new, and annoying. After a half an hour, it runs just fine.

I'd appreciate any suggestions to help. Thanks.
    Brother Patrick, Hermit
    The Hermitage at Harmony Hill
    Post Office Box Three
    Gamaliel Arkansas 72537

Thanks
    Create a System Recovery Disk in Vista

I would definitely use one of 2 apps to check what is starting with Windows, and disable anything unwanted or unnecessary:

What's In Startup This is a nice little app that checking start up items is all it does

Autoruns for Windows This app includes a great deal of info. I swear if you look hard enough you'll find the kitchen sink in there somewhere. In other words more complex.

I would also use something like CCleaner to get rid of a bunch of temp stuff. Also run the Windows disk cleaner.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy