Star Lounger
    Thanks

Does anyone know what's happened to the Avant Browser Forum?

Hi

I just wondered if anyone here knew what's happened to the Avant Browser Forum? The main Avant website www.avantbrowser.com seems to be up and running normally but the forum at http://forum.avantbrowser.com/ has been inaccessible for several days now...

V

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The server that hosts forum.avantbrowser.com (and other sites) is down and has been for several days due to an ongoing dDos attack. There's no information available as to when it will be accessible again.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for that. I'm sorry to hear they have problems but find it odd that they haven't put a message for users about it on the main Avant website?

V

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Maybe someone's PO about the radical changes the folks at Avant made to the GUI. A family member is having a hard time getting used to the favorites on the right side and the autofil for sign in pages doesn't seem to be working at the moment. I have yet to investigate whether all these changes make Avant compatible with LastPass and others of similar function. That would be a good trade for all the fuss.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, I've lost the ability to see favicons (using IE favourites) and some of my favourite buttons so will probably revert to the previous version if the next update doesn't resolve these and other issues!

V

New Lounger
    Thanks
    the latest version of avant browser has simply stopped to work on my laptop. a few days ago I lost all auto fill-in info, then some of my favorites. finally, when I tried to open it this last week end, all I could get is the following error message: "avant browser has stopped working", although it was not open yet. the forum was out (I understand now why), so I uninstalled AB from my computer, then downloaded it again, but I got the same negative result. It simply refuses to open.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Have you tried going back to the previous version v2013 build 23? That seemed to work OK.

V

PS I see the Avant Forum has returned today, after being down for at least 10 days.