New Lounger
    Thanks

Can't set default program for wtv

I have tried to set the default program for wtv, but it's still listed as not select ive.I have done the right click the file and choose the default program, but it's still listed as not selected. Then I tried going to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Associations and set there. But it's still listed as not selected.
    Last edited by cmpb54; 2013-06-06 at 06:49.

Thanks
    Try this: Right-click on a WTV item, and choose Open With. A menu will appear, which will have Choose Default Program as the last choice. Click on Choose Default Program.

Select the program you want to use to open these items, and check the box that says Always use the Selected Program to open this kind of File. Click OK.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjimphelps View Post
    Try this: Right-click on a WTV item, and choose Open With. A menu will appear, which will have Choose Default Program as the last choice. Click on Choose Default Program.

Select the program you want to use to open these items, and check the box that says Always use the Selected Program to open this kind of File. Click OK.
    I have try this, but does not work. The next time try open a file it ask me (How do you want to open this file (.wtv)).
    Last edited by cmpb54; 2013-06-06 at 16:17.

Thanks
    Sounds to me like there is some sort of permissions issue here.

Here's something else to try: Temporarily assign administrator rights to the user account you want to work in. Now try to choose the default program for WTV. Now take away the administrator rights.

Sometimes you need to temporarily give full rights to your account in order to accomplish certain tasks.