Thread: Help font

Star Lounger
    Southern Highlands, New South Wales, Australia
    Thanks

Help font

Win98SE. This is one of those questions I am going to kick myself over when I get the reply. How do I increase the font size displayed in the right hand panel of the HELP screen. Mine appears to have been reset at about 2 and I can hardly read it even with a magnifying glass! (It was an adequate size previously). Windows Help as well as Office Help are all afflicted with the problem. I thought it would be one of the ITEMS listed @ ControlPanel/Display/Appearance tab but I can't see it. I have a vague recollection of seeing an option to change the Help font size somewhere but can't remember where it is!!!!!
    Cheers
    John

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks

Re: Help font

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q192/3/91.ASP>Q192391</A> How to Change the Size of the Font in Windows Help

Basically it says:

To change the size of the font in Windows Help, use the following steps:

NOTE: If you change the size of the font in Windows Help, this change is applied to Web pages you may view in Internet Explorer, and is also applied to the contents of folders with the View As Web Page feature enabled.

Click Start, point to Settings, then click Control Panel, and then double-click Internet Options (or Internet).

Click Accessibility, and then click the "Ignore font sizes specified on Web pages" check box to select it to make the font size larger, or click this box to clear it if you want a smaller font.

Click OK, and then click OK.

Star Lounger
    Southern Highlands, New South Wales, Australia
    Thanks

Re: Help font

Thanks Leif. Its very readable now! What I don't understand though is why it was readable a few days ago and suddenly it was not. Thanks again. John