Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

'Scrapbook' feature in Word 2010?

Just this morning, I discovered the Scrapbook feature in Word for Mac (2011). Is this feature also available in Word 2010? I can't find any documentation for it.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    While I don't have a Mac, I think the scrapbook on the Mac is like the clipboard (once launched) on the PC that holds 24 items from any of the Office products. The clipboard must be opened for this to work, or it's like the Windows clipboard (1 item only).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kweaver; 2013-06-07 at 14:05.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    The Scrapbook in Word 2011 (that is, Word for Mac) is not the same thing as the Windows Clipboard—not even close. The Windows clipboard holds one item at a time. A Mac also has a clipboard, which works in exactly the same way. The Scrapbook tool will store any number of things: blocks of text, photos, graphs. It lets the user organize the contents into groups for quick access. It works with any Office application—Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.

I have not used this feature yet, but at a glance it looks very useful. So far, I have not located any documentation for a Scrapbook in Windows versions of Office, and that's what I find curious.

This article on Microsoft's support page discusses how to use Scrapbook in Office 2011 (Mac):
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ma...396.aspx?CTT=1

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    In my post I said that the Windows clipboard holds only 1; but, the Office clipboard, when open, holds up to 24 (2007 and 2010).

The Office clipboard works with all the Office products.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kweaver; 2013-06-07 at 16:24.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Looks like Microsoft sees the 24-item clipboard as the answer to 'Scrapbook.' Maybe ... .

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar3 View Post
    Looks like Microsoft sees the 24-item clipboard as the answer to 'Scrapbook.' Maybe ... .
    Well, yes, they probably do... after all, Microsoft did create both products! The function is just named differently for the Mac version.

2013-06-08 10-13-30.jpg

The expanded capabilities of the Office Clipboard (or Scrapbook) are so handy for assembling content from multiple sources I'm surprised more reviews don't mention it. Not only can you use the Paste All button to insert everything at once (kind of like Word's Spike feature), but you can insert items selectively (by clicking on one) and delete an item from the saved set (right-click and choose Delete).

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EricFletcher View Post
    [A]fter all, Microsoft did create both products!
    Touché, my friend! Good point! I wonder why they didn't use the same name in both. Thanks!

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    If they were both the same, we'd have nothing to talk about. :-)
    It's the mysteries of MS.