2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

The error message during the creation of a scheduled task

Hi

In Windows 8, I am creating a scheduled task:

Events_viewer_-_Edit_event_filter.png

When confirm all dialog windows, the error message "unsupported request" is displayed. How come?

Thanks

Bye
    Last edited by balubeto; 2013-06-08 at 11:14.

Thanks
    I cannot answer your question, but if you use the AddImageToLounge.jpg Add Image Icon on the Taskbar.

This will give easier to see and read Images. Do a Prt Sc, then paste into Paint, then crop to show just the portion you wish to include, then save to your desktop. Now use the icon and select Insert Image from computer. I find these screen shot is easier to read than the hosted Images in many cases.
    Last edited by Medico; 2013-06-08 at 08:15.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    What is the task, and are you using "Run as administrator" when you open Task Scheduler?
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbearren View Post
    What is the task, and are you using "Run as administrator" when you open Task Scheduler?
    I have run the Task Scheduler utility with an account of Administrators type.

I should analyze in detail the Winlogon process through its events.

So, why appears that error message?

Thanks

Bye

Thanks
    You should try right-click and select "Run as administrator".
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks
    That screen shot is far easier to read. Unfortunately I do not speak or write the language, but the screen shot is better.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    You should try right-click and select "Run as administrator".
    Yes. This gives you more access than just using an administrator account.

Jerry

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You are absolutely sure that it is possible to run this utility using the item "Run as Administrator?

however, in the XML tab of the window "edit event filter", this query:

Code:
    <QueryList>
      <Query Id="0" Path="Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon/Diagnostic">
        <Select Path="Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon/Diagnostic">*[System[Provider[@Name='Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon'] and (Level=4 or Level=0) and Task = 1102 and (EventID=7002)]]</Select>
        <Select Path="Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon/Operational">*[System[Provider[@Name='Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon'] and (Level=4 or Level=0) and Task = 1102 and (EventID=7002)]]</Select>
        <Select Path="System">*[System[Provider[@Name='Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon'] and (Level=4 or Level=0) and Task = 1102 and (EventID=7002)]]</Select>
      </Query>
    </QueryList>
    is displayed.

When, but, I confirm all dialog windows, the error message "unsupported request" is displayed. How come?

Thanks

Bye
    Last edited by balubeto; 2013-06-09 at 13:39.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by balubeto View Post
    You are absolutely sure that it is possible to run this utility using the item "Run as Administrator?
    Since I have no idea of what the task might be, I certainly can't say that I'm sure that it is possible. It may well not be possible, considering the error message you are receiving is "unsupported request".

Until I know more about what you are trying to achieve (much more than "set a task at logon/logoff") I can't really offer much advice.

Unleash Windows

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I should make sure that, when Windows 8 performs the winlogon process with the 7002 (1102) event, it modifies a system entry of its registry with a reg command.

This activity must be applied for each user.

Thanks

Bye

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by balubeto View Post
    I should make sure that, when Windows 8 performs the winlogon process with the 7002 (1102) event, it modifies a system entry of its registry with a reg command.
    You should set this up as a separate task and use logon as the trigger, rather than trying to attach it to logon.

Unleash Windows