New Lounger
    Thanks

Disappearing cursor in Word 2013

I have a problem in Word 2013 in that the flashing text cursor (the thin vertical line, not the mouse), which shows your place in the document when entering text, disappears fairly frequently for no discernible reason.

One can find its location by holding down the Shift key and pressing one of the Cursor keys, but doing this is a pain in the butt.

Has anyone else come across this problem or found a solution to it?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I havenít had the problem of the cursor disappearing. You can make the cursor different sizes and blink rates.

Start
    Control Panel
    Ease of Access
    Optimize visual display.

Scroll down to the bottom of the box. You'll see a place to change the blink rate, and the size of the cursor.

Perhaps this will solve the problem.
    Bob Wall

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, Bob - Thickening the cursor seems to have done the trick. However, I couldn't see a way to allow me to change its blink rate.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    It's happened again. Just when thickening the cursor seemed to solve the problem, it went invisible on me again. I have a feeling that if I could make it constant instead of blinking, it might solve the problem. So - does anyone know how the cursor can be made to give a constant non-blinking display?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Re: your disappearing cursor in Word 2013. I experience the same. A co worker suggested it may be a word mode setting, which I suspect is the case. When it happens to me, if I use the view > edit document setting to change the mode it comes back.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The same happened to me when I had tracked changes activated ans was reviewing changes and comments. I closed and re-opened the document - and the cursor came back. Don't know what the exact problem was, though, nor if it's related to tracked changes, or whether it's simply a bug.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    This was an old thread but maybe the Themes choice/s is the problem. I have Hide the cursor while typing checked on mine.