Thread: Monitor Driver

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Monitor Driver

I have an Asus pa248Q monitor running Windows 7 64 bit. In the device manager the driver is listed as a generic driver dated 2006. I have been to the Asus site and can't find a driver up date. Driver Doc states that there is a generic driver available from 2012. Driver doc wants me to buy the program to update the driver but being an old tight Scotsman I am reluctant to buy the program just to get an up date that should be freely available. My screen flickers and I hope the newer driver will solve the problem. In device manager there is only a refresh rate of 59 available but 60 is listed but the old generic driver won't select it. Any ideas? TIA

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Is this what you are looking for:

https://www.asus.com/Monitors_Projec...rt_Download_30

Thanks
    Driver doc wants me to buy the program to update the driver but being an old tight Scotsman I am reluctant to buy the program just to get an up date that should be freely available.
    That's understandable, and many times, the drivers that they offer are useless.
    If there is an updated driver, the manufacturer will offer it freely, all you have to do is check the site.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the replies. I have checked.

https://www.asus.com/Monitors_Projec...rt_Download_30

and I didn't see any profiles. I have roll backed my display driver to a previous one and so far so good. No flickering. I am left wondering if an up dated monitor driver is needed especially if you have a calibration profile. Anyone reading this will see that I don't know enough about the subject to be sure about everything. Thanks again.