New Lounger
    Thanks

Strange behavior from a browser link

I didn't know in which forum this question would be appropriate, but here goes. This problem is not particularly serious but it has been occurring for about a year.

In Win7 I use Firefox for which I have a simple html file menu with links to various sites I go to every day. I've been using this menu for years. It consists of mostly media sites, some personal financial sites (banks, cc companies), webmail etc. All of these links open as a new tab. One of these is RealClearPolitics. On RCP's home page are various links to other RC pages (RealClearMarkets, RealClearTech, RealClearScience, etc). The problem is with the RealClearScience link. When I attempt to open the RCS link after opening RCP from the menu, the RCP site closes and reverts to the menu page. The RCS site also doesn't open as a direct link in the menu. I can open RCS directly from a bookmark or by typing the url directly into the address bar, but if I start with the menu, inevitably, RCP closes. This behavior does not occur with any other link on the RCP page, on the menu, or, in fact, any other link on any page I go to. It does not occur using the menu in Firefox or IE on other computers. I do not use IE on the computer it occurs on.

As I said, this is not a serious problem and a work-around is easily available, but it is annoying and I've spent some time searching (using several different search engines) for an explanation, including email and calls to MS support, Firefox, and RCP. Their assistance was less than helpful. All AV (MS Security Essentials and periodic Malwarebytes scans) and updates for both Win7 and Firefox are routinely maintained up-to-date. The registry and firewall entries have been examined thoroughly. I have gone over the html code in the menu, also thoroughly. There does not seem to be a certificate issue.

If anyone has a possible explanation for this behavior, I would certainly appreciate hearing from them.

TIA

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Perhaps you've just picked up a fault in the AE-35 unit? You didn't mention it but did you try replacing the link menu with one from one of the other systems that it works fine from even though you've gone over the code?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, F.U.N. but I replaced the AE-35 unit with a Robo-LAH932 mini-axolotl unit from Amazon ($39.95 plus S&H) when I first started having the problem but no joy.

I don't use the menu, ordinarily, on the other machines I mentioned. Thanks, though.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I took this;
    It does not occur using the menu in Firefox or IE on other computers.
    to mean you had copies of the menu file to replace the seemingly faulty one with. My mistake.