New Lounger
    Thanks

Upgrade to SR1-a (Office 2000 Pro)

I have tried several times to upgrade an administrative installation point to SR1-a without any success. I continue to receive an error message #1336 that says: "There was an error creating a temporary file that is needed to complete this installation." The log file shows the same error message referencing the following folder structure: servernamesharenamePFilesMSOfficeOffice System error code 5.

I have successfully upgraded this admin install point in a test lab environment, but when I get to our production environment it fails at the very end. Has anyone seen this before? Do I need specific permissions to upgrade an administrative installation point?

Thank you to anyone who can shed some light on this recurring error message.

Janis

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Upgrade to SR1-a (Office 2000 Pro)

Seemly you don't have permissions on the server to create new folders. You can (a) contact your servername Server Administrator to upgrade your logon permissions or ([img]/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] install the patch locally. To do ([img]/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img], just copy the patch to any folder on your local drive and run it from there.
    By the way, sometimes I had error messages on some computers during SR-1a installation. In that case, try to install SR-1 instead.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Upgrade to SR1-a (Office 2000 Pro)

Thank you so much for the speedy reply. I was wondering if permissions might be the problem. I have also wondered if I have a corrupt data1.exe file too. I'm running through another test in my lab environment now to see if it does indeed work again. What I find fascinating is that the install seems to write all those other files and folders without a problem and then hangs on the temporary one. Go figure.

Thanks again!
    Janis