New Lounger
    Thanks

problems with ending subscription for Microsoft Office 365 Home Premium

I have Office 2010 installed on my computer. I recently subscribed to Office 365 as I wished to use Publisher for a short time. I ended my subscription but now each time I attempt to open an Office document it opens with Office 2013 asking me to re-subscribe. I don't have the option to open with... and set 2010 as my default programme. The only way I can use 2010 now is to open the programme and do file.. open. Does anyone know how to stop docs opening with 2013?

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Lounger
    Thanks
    I had some O365 woes this week too.

I installed an O365 trial on Monday on top of O2003 and some O2007 components. It basically broke all of the Office 2003/2007 programs (and Libre Office which I have as a standby) and the online uninstall didn't work either - then NONE of the Office products would start. Like you, everything try to start O2103 versions and all failed.

I had to uninstall 2003 totally then run a standlone O365 uninstaller - which took 15 mins. I reinstalled O365 and it's OK now, plus reinstalled Libre4 and that works.

DK

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks DK

Where did you find the stand alone uninstaller to remove O2013?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Uninstall Office 365 Pro Plus.

Joe