4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Pie chart grouping (97/SR2)

I have attached a zip file containing a small database that contains 2 pie charts.

The report "totals report" displays pie charts of data grouped by CRR only and is based on the union query "UniCRRrptTotal". This works fine, however:

The report "Grouping Report" is based on the other union query and is supposed to display pie charts for all of the Acode records. I thought this would be okay linking by CRR, then Acode. This doesn't seem to work - it makes a pie chart of 1 of the CRRs and puts it in for all of the CRRs. the Acode P is a good example - for CRR x49 the pie chart looks okay, but for P on the other CRRs, the pie chart looks the same as the one for CRR x49.

The above explanation will only make sense after looking at the report, and I have kept the names the same as in the proper version which is based on queries based on large tables etc, but it should be deciferable nevertheless.

I hope someone out there can help as this has had me stumped for about 4 days! I'm not even sure if I need to do something with the initial table, the union query, the report or the pie chart! Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is one of those projects that seems to have gone on forever and is well past its due date.
    Attached Files Attached Files

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Pie chart grouping (97/SR2)

In your grouping report, some charts with

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

For some reason when Access opens the pie charts it creates one (seemingly randomly) from one of the CRRs i.e. x49 and uses that chart for the same code in the other CRRs.

So it'd create the chart for Acode P for CRR x49 and then use that chart for Acode P in the remaining CRRs (x15, x42, x43 and xxL).
    I have no idea why it does this except possible there maybe something wrong with the link from the pie charts to the data on the report. The reason I think this might be the case is that, when creating the Pie chart I selected CRR and Acode as the links, but in the pie chart properties it only shows CRR in the link child & master fields.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Writing that last post must have kicked some nodes in the brain into gear - had a thought - I tried triming the codes together to make 1 code, included it in the table and the union query and based the link from report to pie chart on that code instead of CRR and Acode - seems to work perfectly.