2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Reinstall of Windows 7

Some time ago an article in Windows Secrets described how to reinstall Windows 7 without changing user accounts, Data, Programs or system drivers. The article begins by instructing you to uninstall Service Pack 1. I followed the instructions and the Service Pack 1 entry on the list disappeared. When I started the in-place reinstallation it stopped with a message that the copy of Windows Ultimate that is installed is newer then the one on the disk that I was installing from. This is the only Windows 7 disk that I have ever had. Further when I checked to see if Service Pack 1 had been uninstalled, I found that it wasn't listed in the "View installed updates list" (Control Panel>Programs). On the other hand when I checked "Computer" , Right Click, Properties, it was indicated that Service Pack 1 was installed. This is all because I can't install a new driver for my Nvidia/EVGA Video card. All hardware is fine (by tests). Something in Windows 7 is not working well (not necessarily a computer term). I would like to fix it without reinstalling Windows 7 and everything else.

Thanks
    One thing you could do is download the official Win 7 with SP1 from Digital River. This should alleviate the problem of the newer and older versions as the downloaded ISO does include SP1. Simple right click the ISO file and choose Burn to disk. Be sure to use a DVD.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you. It would appear that you have solved my problem. I was able, after completing the upgrade, to install a new driver for my video card. I appreciate that you took the time, Thank you again.

Thanks
    You're welcome, glad I could help.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy