Star Lounger
    Thanks

Acronis True image monitor

Hi all, I need some advice please. I have Acronis 2013 as a disk backup function. The disk C:\ has been backed up and a emergency boot sector has been created; press f11 during boot. Is it now necessary to have the Acronis disk monitor included in the start up menu. My C: drive is running a lot and checking with " whats my computer doing " Acronis disk monitor is always at the top of the list. Can I remove it from the start up function so that my C: drive is not running so much? Your advice is very much appreciated. Regards Peter

Thanks
    I do not have the Acronis boot monitor running at all. The only function I use at present is the Imaging function. I generally boot to the Acronis Boot disk (so that I am creating the Image outside of Windows), then create my Image from here. I then take it a step further and reboot to the Acronis Boot disk and restore the Image I just created. This assures the Image is good.

I see no reason to keep that in the Start up folder.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you Medico, great advice on the Back up procedure. A great way to do it. I would never have thought of it. Getting excellent expert advice is a real treat. Much appreciated. Regards Peter

Thanks
    With the later versions of Acronis, it is not "necessary" to create the Image from outside of Windows, but as a fairly long time user, I just feel more comfortable in getting pristine Images if Windows is not still running to possibly muck up the Image. This is just personal preference. YMMV.

Glad I could help add a little to your day!
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy