5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

End of Recordset (Access 97)

In a shared database when trying to add a record, users get the following error message. "You can't go to the specified record, you may be at the end of a recordset." I have posted this question in a previous post but didn't know the exact error message. Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening or why this error occurs.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: End of Recordset (Access 97)

EmilyB has a similar thread going - it ususally has to do with error handling trapping something in the middle of an insert. I think your other thread in combination with hers may put you on the right track.
    Wendell

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Would you be using a normal Access data entry form or are you using a recordset? Have you got a front-end on each machine back end on server set-up?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

You can get that by doing a MovePrevious when you're at the first record, or a MoveNext when you are adding a record, i.e. you're trying to move beyond the current records in the table.

It's error number 2105, so you can check for that number in your error trapping code and just do nothing (leaving you at the start or the end of the recordset as the case may be).