New Lounger
    Thanks

Can't remove a VBA project

I am having a problem deleting a VBA project in Excel 2003 SP3 using VBA 6.5.1054. Each time I try to look at the project's properties, it ask me for a password which I do not know. When I create a new Excel spreadsheet, this particular VBA project is still there. I've tried to reload Excel and also to repair it (help, detect and repair) but still no joy. How do I get rid of this project without knowing its password? It is currently causing errors on startup of Excel and also on closing Excel. The source of this project probably came from an earlier version of Excel which I had tied to my Palm using MobileDB (that is also the name of the VBA project). The errors started when I tried to run an earlier spreadsheet. Now each time I try to create a new spreadsheet I get the same VBA errors. Any ideas?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Can you save it in xlsx format? That would remove the modules and may be possible to do if you have loaded the MS tools that lets you open files of that type from Excel 2003.

If you had access to a machine with Excel 2007 or later it might work better.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you for answering Andrew. This would solve my old spreadsheet problem. How do I remove the VBA project from Excel? Every new spreadsheet I create has this project attached to it.

Thanks
    jevrl,

Sounds like you have the project in a workbook located in your XLStart directory. In Win7 that would be C:\Users\{your userid}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART. You'd need to remove the workbook from that directory or at least remove the project from that workbook. HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

VBA Rules!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks everyone for the help. I finally figured out my problem. It seems MobileDB created an add-in to Excel which populated a VBA project to each spreadsheet I created. I deleted MobileDB (including all traces of it in the registery), rebooted and voila - problem solved. I re-installed MobileDB but without the Excel add-in and now everything is working fine.